1/4 cup whole-wheat panko breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp honey
8 oz raw boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 10 nuggets
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. In a wide bowl, mix breadcrumbs with seasonings.
3. In another wide bowl, thoroughly mix mustard with honey.
4. Add chicken to mustard mixture, and toss to coat.
5. One at a time, shake chicken nuggets to remove excess mustard mixture, and coat with seasoned crumbs.
6. Evenly place nuggets on the baking sheet, and top with any remaining seasoned crumbs. Bake for 8 minutes.
7. Flip chicken. Bake until lightly browned and crispy, 8-10 minutes.
If you wish, mix up some extra honey mustard (1 part honey to 2 parts mustard) to use as dipping sauce!
Excellent when made with your own bread crumbs. (From your homemade whole wheat bread, of course!)