Sesame Seed Bars
- 1 cup sesame seeds (about 6 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Generously coat two large sheets of waxed paper with cooking spray. In a medium skillet, toast the sesame seeds over medium-low heat, stirring often, until they’re fragrant and golden, 5 to 7 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar and honey. Cook over low heat, stirring often, until the sugar is melted and the mixture is thick, about 5 minutes Add the sesame seeds to the sugar and stir well with a wooden spoon.
- Place one sheet of the waxed paper on a work surface, greased-side up. Scrape the mixture onto the paper and top it with the remaining sheet of waxed paper, greased-side down. Using a rolling pin, roll the mixture into a square about 1/4 inch thick.
- Remove the top sheet of paper and cut the candy into 1-inch squares with a sharp knife. Let the candy cool completely. Break apart the pieces and store them in an airtight container at room temperature until you’re ready to package them. Makes about twenty-four 1-inch squares.